Greetings from your Titan Band Family!
Here are some updates and reminders from the band world:
- Tickets for the Kauffman Center concert are currently on sale. Please refer to my email sent on the 12th for that link. All members of the band program are involved in this concert.
- WIND ENSEMBLE (4th Hour band) has a rehearsal THIS THURSDAY from 4:30pm-6:30pm, in addition, I will be sending you a detailed email later this week concerning our upcoming performance on Sunday and Friday, the 27th
- The last payment for our Chicago trip is due on February 1st. Feel free to take care of that anytime before that date as well. A detailed email will be sent to participating student’s families at the end of this month
- If you are not a member of the Wind Ensemble, please join us this Sunday for their preview concert in preparation for the MMEA performance next week. The concert will be at 3pm in our PAC. The concert will also include a performance by the Northwinds (a community band from Kansas City)
- The next two pep band performances are on January 30th and 31st, please make sure students know their assignments for that.
- Another reminder to keep July 31 through Aug 4th open for band camp next year. In addition, percussionists need to keep the week prior (July 24-28) open as well.
This morning at 10am, tickets go on sale for our special event at the Kauffman Center on March 12th. We hope you will be joining us! Get your tickets today!
To families of ALL music students in Band, Orchestra, and Concert Choir:
Students in Band, Orchestra, and Concert Choir will perform at the world-renowned Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts on Sunday, March 12th at 2:30pm. We are very excited about this very unique opportunity afforded to us by the collaborative efforts of the Kauffman Center, our Music Parents Organization, and several community business sponsors.
Through this partnership, the Kauffman Center is providing the facility at cost and will not be making a profit on the student performances. In addition, the center is returning all ticket proceeds to the Lee’s Summit West Music Parents organization as a fundraiser.
This special event will allow our students to perform in the Kauffman Center’s Helzberg Hall, providing our student musicians with an experience to remember for a lifetime. We anticipate selling out the 1,600 seats for the concert and encourage our Lee’s Summit West community to invite all family, friends, and avid music-lovers.
Ticket prices for the concert are as follows: $20 for Orchestra and Parterre; $15 for Mezzanine; $10 for Grand Tier. The performing students are admitted to the concert at no cost.
Tickets will go on sale January 12 and can only be purchased online through the Kauffman Center Ticket Office at http://kauffmancenterkansas.ticketoffices.com/.
Thank you for your continued support of the music program at LSWHS! More information will be coming as we grow closer to the event.
Happy New Year!
The Music Staff
If you are planning to take a solo/ensemble for band events (or piano), please take a moment to complete this form. Thanks!
See you tonight at 6:00 and 7:30 for the Winter Instrumental Concerts! (program slideshow)
Congratulations to all the Titans who auditioned today for the Missouri All-State Band. The following titans were selected to this fine ensemble:
Stephanie Richardson – 2nd Alternate Oboe
Brett Barger – 10th Chair Clarinet
Patrick Hu – 11th Chair Clarinet
Kinady Allen – 2nd Chair Bassoon
Please help me congratulate these students on being selected to the Kansas City Metro District #3 All-District Honor Bands today!
All District Band
Allyson Jenkins – 5th Chair Flute
Stephanie Richardson – 1st Chair Oboe
Kinady Allen – 2nd Chair Bassoon
Brett Barger – 9th Chair Clarinet
Patrick Hu – 14th Chair Clarinet
Julia Krause – 1st Alternate Clarinet
Michelle Liu – 3rd Chair Alto Sax
Chad Fischer – 1st Alternate Tenor Sax
Peyton Gilbert – 4th Chair Tuba
All District Jazz Band
Chad Fischer – 1st Bari Sax
Keira Griffith – 3rd Trumpet
Vaughn Griffith – Alternate Trombone
Honorable Mention Band
Janine Nunes – 3rd Chair Flute
Julia Krause – 1st Chair Clarinet
Jillian Kirkpatrick – 3rd Chair Clarinet
Ellie Russell – 14th Chair Clarinet
Chloe Metheny-Morris – 17th Chair Clarinet
Chad Fischer – 1st Chair Tenor Sax
Isabella Christie – 6th Chair French Horn
And the Titans keep rolling……
With the team still in the hunt for the state championship, we have another home game THIS Friday! Call times are the same as always.
All-District Band and Jazz Band Auditions
Saturday, Nov 5th
Students have been given their audition time on a schedule, along with two documents that need to be filled out, signed by a parent, and turned in to Mr. Harrel ASAP. Students cannot audition without turning them in:
1. Audition form
2. Transportation Release form – due to the nature of the scheduling, parents will need to transport their child to/from auditions. Note: students are NOT to ride with other students unless accompanied by a parent
Chicago Trip Payment ($100) due Tuesday!
Have a great week!
Hey Parents! Our first give back night will be this Tuesday, November 1st, at Freddy’s from 5-9 pm. Freddy’s will be giving our music department 15% of the profit. You may either show the attached flyer on your phone or mention LSW Music to the cashier for us to get credit for the sale. Please come enjoy good food with friends and support our music program!