Hi there! We are in full swing now. The weather cooperated today and gave us a wonderfully pleasant rehearsal outside. The kids are doing AWESOME!
Thursday night rehearsal
Please arrive at LSHS by 5:50pm. Drumline members should proceed to the PAC. Brass and Woodwind members should proceed to the fieldhouse. Guard members should proceed to the Bldg A Gym.
We will rehearse until 8pm. Please pick up your child near the football stadium at 8pm.
Drumline and Sousaphone instruments will be transported to/from the rehearsal AND Saturday’s events. Please allow them a couple of minutes after rehearsal to prepare their instrument for travel.
Friday night picnic/performance
I have sent home the attached flier with your son/daughter in hopes that they share it with you. It contains information about our picnic and performance. Please drop all food off in the Commons at school BEFORE you go down to the parking lot for the performance. We plan to start the performance AT 6pm, so please arrive early enough for 1. your son/daughter to be ready to play, and 2. for you to drop off your food and walk to the parking lot.
Saturday Truly150 event
Meet in the Field House at LSHS at 9:15 AM in provided tee shirt and khaki shorts (no denim or athletic shorts) and tennis shoes
Cases can be put on the FH Mezzanine
Block up in the FH and remain as long as we can out of the heat.
Parade starts at 10, when we are finished (around where the cage parking lot is on the north side of LSHS), students will be dismissed to go into LSHS through the cafeteria where we will have water if they wish.
Hello Orchestra Students and Parents:
The 2015-16 school year is about to start and I am very excited about how great all three of the orchestras at LSWHS are going to be this year!
This email contains information about all-district and all-state orchestra auditions as well as a calendar of our events for the year. I have also attached a pdf version of our calendar if you want to print it out and post it somewhere. If you would like to add our calendar to your Google calendars the link for sharing the calendar is: Orchestra Google Calendar Link Continue reading
Earlier this summer our trailers were wrapped to match our new uniform design. One trailer says “Titan Pride Marching Band” and the other says “Lee’s Summit West Music.” Both trailers will be put to great use helping get LSW musicians to and from events around the country!
A fundraising opportunity was presented to the Music Parents that I wanted to pass along.
This is an individual student account fundraiser; these funds can be used for music related expenses for the program. We’ll be getting a lump sum that will be distributed evenly per person/hours.
The schedule for volunteers at Pyro City (in Lone Jack) is:
July 3rd 1:00 – 9:00 pm – we will provide dinner
July 4th 10:00 – 5:00 pm – we will provide lunch
We need each shift:
2 adults to supervise and help with parking if needed
4 greeters/cart person must be 16 years old
6 baggers/stockers must be 16 years old
Volunteers can wear shorts/t-shirt but please not tanks or mid drift shirts. Tennis shoes – not flip flops.
Volunteers can bring a water bottle or other drink that has a lid. There is a water fountain to be used to refill water bottles.
Below you will see added information, as well as the fee structure worksheets so you can begin to plan financially for camp. Should you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email me. All changes, edits, additions are in bold below:
- You should have received, or will be receiving soon, a phone call from your section leader giving you dates of sectionals. Of course, we realize you have already planned vacations and such, but ask that if you are in town, you are in attendance at your sectionals. So far, I have the following sectional information for each section:
- Flutes: June 29, 2:00-4:00pm AND July 10, 1:30-3:00pm at Kate Mosier’s house
- Clarinets: June 26, 6:00-8:00pm at Emily’s house AND July 17, 6:30-8:30pm at Julia Krause’s house (info to follow from section leader, Emily)
- Alto Sax: July 1, 2:00pm AND July 18, 2:00pm, location TBA
- Tenor Sax: June 30, 12:00-1:00pm AND July 20, 12:00-1:00pm at Peyton Culclagers house
- Trumpet: July 11, 5:00-7:00pm AND July 19, 4:00-5:00pm at Jaret Workman’s house
- Mellophone: June 25, July 9, July 23 from 6:30-8:30pm at Logan’s house.
- Trombone/Baritone: TBA
- Tuba: June 27, Time and location TBA
- Drumline: June 23 and 30, Bass Drums (4-5pm), Snares/Tenors (5-6pm), Frontline (6-7pm) at LSWHS in the band room with the drumline instructors (Mr. Vallar and Mr. Houston
- ADDRESSES FOR ALL OF THESE LOCATIONS SHOULD BE GIVEN BY THE SECTION LEADER UPON CALLING YOU
- DRUMLINE CAMP is July 6-10 from 8am to 3pm (8-11 and 12:30 – 3) If you don’t want to stay at school for lunch, you may ONLY drive yourself OR be picked up by a family member. Students are NOT to ride in the car with other students.
- LEADERSHIP CAMP is July 12-15 (times TBA) and July 23 (8am to 12pm)
- ROOKIE CAMP (anyone not in band here last year) July 24 (8am to 12pm)
- BAND CAMP (all members of the program) July 27-July 31 (8am to 4pm)
- BAND CAMP PICNIC AND PREVIEW July 31 6pm
- TRULY 150 PARADE August 1, TIMES TBA
- Attached are the marching band fee structure worksheets. Make sure you print of the correct one according to the instrument your son/daughter plays! The fees will be due, along with the completed form, on the Tuesday of band camp.
- Don’t forget that you MUST have your physical exam form completed and turned into the activity office at LSWHS BEFORE you participate in your first camp. I have attached that form again for those who have misplaced it.
Have a great June!
As you may or may not be aware, Lee’s Summit is currently celebrating it’s 150th year! One way we are celebrating is with the Celebrate 150! Evening Extravaganza on August 1st beginning at 7:30 PM. This performance will be held at Hertzog Stadium at Lee’s Summit High School. This event will include performances by a Truly 150 Choir, Matt Lewis and Drex Six.
Now here’s where you come in . . .We are putting together a Truly 150 Band under the leadership of James Oliver. We will rehearse in the band room at LSHS from 6-8 PM on the following Sunday evenings: July 12, 19, 26. We are looking for adults and advanced high school students to participate in this event and hope you can join us!
If you are interested, please go to the following link to let us know by Friday, June 19!
Those students and families attending MSHSAA All State Solo/Ensemble Festival will find information about the venues in use across the MU campus:
Drum Major candidates,
Download and review: Leadership Handbook
We’ll have you conduct the first section of Thriller. Download the score and listen to the audio file several times. Be prepared to give some cues to different sections, and you’re free to make decisions about crescendos if you’d like.
Here is the google form you need to fill out in order to letter in choir and receive rewards at Music Rewards night on May 12. (You must be logged in to your LSR7 Google Account)