Good morning and may your day be blessed!
Call time for battery is 4:50pm (dinner provided)
Call time for rest of band is 5:45pm (light snack provided after halftime)
AFTER the game, if you are picking up your child, PLEASE go to the north entrance to the school and pick up at the flag pole at the front of the building. Issues arise when they are emptying the parking lot out of the south entrance and you are trying to get in. Coordinate location with your son/daughter.
Update for NEXT week:
Take the day off!
Rehearsal – 6:30-8:30pm. All students should be in their section shirts (this has been an issue as of late, reminding kids that they lose points when they don’t follow the policies)
Una Voce kids have a rehearsal from 5-7pm that evening, then they will head to band. Please send dinner with them so it can be eaten en route quickly. We need them at rehearsal ASAP.
Drumline field trip (1st -3rd hours, permission slip coming home today, please return asap)
Rehearsal – 6:30-8:30pm. All students in section shirts
Saturday (DRUMLINE ONLY)
Drummit at the Summit
Attached is the itinerary for this event. All spectators should be at LSHS by 3pm so you don’t miss the performance (3:20pm) The event starts at 2pm. Admission fee will be collected at the gate.
Adults – $7
Seniors and Students – $4
Participants and Children (3 and under) – FREE
Reminders and Upcoming events
- Ice Cream Social – tickets are currently in the possession of all music students. please have all tickets sold by this time next week. money should be turned in to the lock box in the band/choir room in a clearly marked envelope. Event is on Tuesday, 9/15. Event starts at 6pm. Call time for band for performance is 6:15 in the band room. Students should be dressed in blue jeans and “show shirt”, which they will receive next week. We are fully aware of the NHS Induction that evening, and are currently working on a plan to accommodate those students involved.
- Homecoming Parade/Evening Rehearsal – Thursday, Sept 17th will be a busy day for the band. We will marching the homecoming parade in downtown LS. Parade starts at 3:30 for all spectators. Upon returning to the school by bus, students will have mandatory homework/study time and will be fed dinner before our rehearsal. Just keeping you aware.
- BAND CAMP 2016 – What???????? Already?????? That’s right. I got to it earlier this year in a an attempt to give you plenty of time to plan vacations/camps/trips etc.. on a different week than band camp. It WILL BE July 25-29, 2016. Please plan accordingly.
Have a great weekend!
Drummit at the Summit
Marching Band Parents,
The marching season is off and running. We look forward to seeing you at all of the events. You will be receiving an occasional e-mail from the parents’ organization to keep you informed about parent related band stuff. I have already received questions about how all this band stuff works. I have attached a PDF of information for the new band parents. It has a brief description of the types of band events. Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.
I will begin e-mailing directions, maps, and other information for the marching competitions this week. Those e-mails will go out as we receive the details from the host schools. Some of the information and entrance fees are already listed at http://www.midwestmarching.com/2015/2015MO.htm. Many of the parents will carpool or caravan to the competitions. Please speak up if you are looking for a ride or someone to follow.
Thank you to all of the parents that were able to help with uniforms and during half time at last Friday’s game. We can always use help in the band room and on the field. If you would like to learn how to help with uniforms, please get with Michelle Krause in the band room before call time. This year we could use about 15 parents to assist with the podiums, sound equipment, and some of the percussion equipment on the field. Stop by the band bleachers before the game if you are able to help (the best jobs are given away first). You do not need any music or football knowledge to help out. We will even have pictures for those visual learners.
What every new band parent needs to know
Game Day!!!!! Our first public performance will be tonight.
Battery members arrive by 5pm in uniform shirt and shorts, and with black socks and marching shoes.
All others arrive by 5:45pm in uniform shirt, shorts, black socks, marching shoes, and with white gloves.
Please make sure you eat before you arrive.
Students should be picked up around 9:30pm
1. Tuesday and Thursday, rehearsals begin at 6:30pm. Please be early.
2. Friday, September 4, football game. Call times and what to bring is same as this week.
Future updates, reminders, upcoming events
1. Students received Ice Cream Social tickets to sell over the next two weeks.
All music students are expected to sell 10 tickets (5 dinner, 5 dessert). EVERY person at the event needs a ticket (including students) in order to enjoy the food.
2. TUESDAY, OCTOBER 8th We have an evening rehearsal that night. It, in all likelihood, will be GAME 1 for the Royals in the post season, barring a catastrophe. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE TICKETS FOR YOUR CHILD TO THAT GAME. We have a competition on Saturday and will NEED every band member at rehearsal. GAME 2 is Friday night, that would be a great time to go to the playoffs, in fact, I will probably go to that game.
3. Again, please do NOT register for the ACT on October 24th for our FINAL competition of the season.
Have a great weekend and please come cheer on the Titan Pride tonight! (I think there is also a football game at some point tonight)
Hello Students and Parents:
We will be using Google Classroom to turn in tests this year.
To enroll, please go to google classroom and click “Join” When it prompts you which class to join please use the following codes for the following classes:
For SYMPHONY: bf47lu0
For PHILHARMONIC: i3rwiw
For CONCERT: x2591h
I will be sending information out about tests through google classroom. Please join the appropriate google classroom by Wednesday of this week. This is your first test for points. Make sure you join by Wednesday of this week.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential and may contain privileged or copyright information. If you are not the intended recipient, please call (816) 986-1444 and inform us that you have received this message in error. Please do not copy, distribute or use this e-mail or the information contained in it for any purpose.
Happy Friday! I’m a teacher, Friday’s are the best
Rehearsal BEGINS at 6:30pm. We did a much better job at this last night. There were only 5 people late to rehearsal. As a reminder, students have started receiving a grade for rehearsals as of last night. Make sure they have proper attire, equipment, dot cards, etc…and are on time for rehearsals.
Students should wear “section” shirts.
SENIORS and anyone who did NOT take a button picture last Thursday need to arrive at 6pm for their banner pictures.
Rehearsal BEGINS at 6:30pm. Students should wear “section” shirts.
Students need to arrive at school by 7:15am for the early morning pep assembly in some kind of TITAN apparel.
Tuxedo rental fee and sizing form is due for ALL boys (form attached)
Dress fee is due for all new girls and any girl needing a new dress. (letter attached)
This is our first football game and performance. We are pumped about it, so please come watch “SHINE”.
Call time for BATTERY is 5:00pm. I will feed them dinner. They will be playing for the “Titan Walk” to the stadium, then eating, then getting ready for the game.
Call time for ALL OTHERS is 5:45pm. Please make sure they eat before they arrive. Students should be wearing the following items:
- “uniform” shirt – rookies will get this Thursday night
- black marching shoes – all who ordered shoes will get them Thursday night
- black socks that go up the shin (NOT ANKLE SOCKS)
- comfortable athletic type shorts (THIN) to wear underneath the uniform
We will be done around 9:30ish and students should be picked up at the back door.
- On Thursday, September 17th, we have the homecoming parade AND an evening rehearsal. Because this will prevent your child from going home until 8:30pm, I will be instilling a mandatory homework hour between events AND will feed them dinner that night!
- REMEMBER, do NOT register your child for the ACT on October 24.
- IF you or your son/daughter has not completed the MSHSAA commitment form OR paid the district activity fee of $50, you must take care of this in the activity office with Mrs. Seabaugh BEFORE your child is allowed to participate on Friday night.
Have a great weekend Titans!
LSW Tuxedo Sizing Form LSW Dress Info
Dear Students and Parents:
Please note that our fall concert has been moved from Tuesday, October 6th to Thursday, October 8th.
Please complete this form if you are using a school-issued locker in the music department. Thanks!
Hello Students and Parents:
Please try these links for reading the Orchestra Policies and Procedures and the Digital Signing of the form:
Policies and Procedures
Hello Students and Parents:
I am READY to rock with school start this week! Here is some information for you:
· We WILL play on the first day of school. If you play violin or viola, you can come up today or tomorrow and get your combination and locker number.
· Please read the Orchestra Policies and Procedures handbook found here: Orchestra Handbook
· Parents AND Students please digitally sign that you have read the Orchestra Handbook and agree to abide by its rules. Please go here to digitally sign: Digital Signature Page
· Students, attached to this email, you will find first day seating charts for the three orchestras. Please figure out where you sit.
· I look forward to seeing parent’s at back to school night this evening.
· Don’t forget to sign up for REMIND texts. Follow the links below:
o Symphony: remind.com/join/mosiersym
o Philharmonic: remind.com/join/mosierphil
o Concert: remind.com/join/mosierconc
2015-16 First Day Seating LSWHS Orchestras
What a great group of kids we have this year. Rehearsals have gone really well the last two weeks. We will keep working hard in gearing up for upcoming performances. Here is some information and updates for you for this next week:
If you did NOT go to the Clash of the Titans event last Saturday, you MUST make a personal appointment for you and your child to fulfill the requirement. This needs to be done through Monte Seabaugh in the activities office and it MUST be completed prior to August 28. Please call 986-4008 for an appointment.
Thursday Rehearsal, Aug 20
All returning members MUST wear their "uniform shirt" (the one they wear underneath their uniform) for this rehearsal.
Senior Banner pictures will be taken at 6pm on Tuesday, Aug 25. Please prepare accordingly.
All freshmen will receive their locker on Monday during Freshmen Transition Day. All upperclassmen CAN choose to stop by on Tuesday, Aug 18 during the day to get their locker. This is all designed to allow students to get their instrument up to school prior to day 1 (one less thing to think about that day)
During class, we will be rehearsing in a variety of different ways. Regularly, we will be going outside for class. Although I realize that fashion is important to many kids, we EXPECT them to have proper shoes for rehearsal. I encourage them to leave a pair of tennis shoes in their band locker for the days they choose to wear sandals or shoes that are not conducive to good marching.
Performance and Rehearsal Schedule
I have, once again, attached the performance and rehearsal schedule. Everything on it is a graded item, meaning they will receive a grade for attendance, citizenship, proper attire, etc… Please make sure you have all of these things in your personal and family calendars to prevent conflicts. Also, a reminder NOT to register for the ACT on October 24th. There is a September and December date that can work.
Have a great weekend!