Greetings from your Titan Band Family!
Here are some updates and reminders from the band world:
- Tickets for the Kauffman Center concert are currently on sale. Please refer to my email sent on the 12th for that link. All members of the band program are involved in this concert.
- WIND ENSEMBLE (4th Hour band) has a rehearsal THIS THURSDAY from 4:30pm-6:30pm, in addition, I will be sending you a detailed email later this week concerning our upcoming performance on Sunday and Friday, the 27th
- The last payment for our Chicago trip is due on February 1st. Feel free to take care of that anytime before that date as well. A detailed email will be sent to participating student’s families at the end of this month
- If you are not a member of the Wind Ensemble, please join us this Sunday for their preview concert in preparation for the MMEA performance next week. The concert will be at 3pm in our PAC. The concert will also include a performance by the Northwinds (a community band from Kansas City)
- The next two pep band performances are on January 30th and 31st, please make sure students know their assignments for that.
- Another reminder to keep July 31 through Aug 4th open for band camp next year. In addition, percussionists need to keep the week prior (July 24-28) open as well.
This morning at 10am, tickets go on sale for our special event at the Kauffman Center on March 12th. We hope you will be joining us! Get your tickets today!
To families of ALL music students in Band, Orchestra, and Concert Choir:
Students in Band, Orchestra, and Concert Choir will perform at the world-renowned Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts on Sunday, March 12th at 2:30pm. We are very excited about this very unique opportunity afforded to us by the collaborative efforts of the Kauffman Center, our Music Parents Organization, and several community business sponsors.
Through this partnership, the Kauffman Center is providing the facility at cost and will not be making a profit on the student performances. In addition, the center is returning all ticket proceeds to the Lee’s Summit West Music Parents organization as a fundraiser.
This special event will allow our students to perform in the Kauffman Center’s Helzberg Hall, providing our student musicians with an experience to remember for a lifetime. We anticipate selling out the 1,600 seats for the concert and encourage our Lee’s Summit West community to invite all family, friends, and avid music-lovers.
Ticket prices for the concert are as follows: $20 for Orchestra and Parterre; $15 for Mezzanine; $10 for Grand Tier. The performing students are admitted to the concert at no cost.
Tickets will go on sale January 12 and can only be purchased online through the Kauffman Center Ticket Office at http://kauffmancenterkansas.ticketoffices.com/.
Thank you for your continued support of the music program at LSWHS! More information will be coming as we grow closer to the event.
Happy New Year!
The Music Staff
If you are planning to take a solo/ensemble for band events (or piano), please take a moment to complete this form. Thanks!
See you tonight at 6:00 and 7:30 for the Winter Instrumental Concerts! (program slideshow)
Please help me congratulate:
Kayla Brumley – Violin
Bennett Shay-Zapien – Cello
on the selection to the prestigious Missouri All State Orchestra.
Congratulations to all the Titans who auditioned today for the Missouri All-State Band. The following titans were selected to this fine ensemble:
Stephanie Richardson – 2nd Alternate Oboe
Brett Barger – 10th Chair Clarinet
Patrick Hu – 11th Chair Clarinet
Kinady Allen – 2nd Chair Bassoon
Dear Concert Choir, Una Voce, and Titan Harmony Families:
We are looking forward to our Catherdral Concert this Sunday afternoon! Redemptorist Church is one of the finest acoustic venues for choral singing in Kansas City. We have specifically selected music to be sung in this space. The choir are singing very well, and it is going to be a stunning concert. This space holds 1200, so bring friends and family!
The address to Redemptorist Church is: 3333 Broadway, Kansas City, MO 64111
The sanctuary will open at 2:30 for seating, with the concert starting at 3:00. Please be aware that there is not a large lobby for gathering prior to 2:30. Also, restrooms are limited at the church, so plan accordingly. There is ample parking next door and behind the church. Students may ride home with their parents following the concert. A bus will bring students back to LSW whose parents are unable to attend. Any other transportation arrangements to or from the church should be discussed with Mrs. Krinke or Mr. Lowry prior to Friday.
We will collect a small donation from each family at the conclusion of the concert to show our gratitude and appreciation to Redemptorist Church for providing their stunning venue for our students.
11:50-11:55 Load buses in LSW Circle Drive (Students should be dressed in Concert Attire. Concert Choir should have robes/stoles and CHOIR FOLDERS)
Noon – Depart LSW
12:45 – Arrive at Redemptorist Church
3:00 – Concert begins
4:15 – Concert ends
Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday!
Amy Krinke and Jacob Lowry
Attached are the final results for the All-District Orchestra. Congratulations to all participants!
All-District Orchestra 2017 – Final Roster.docx